Friday 12 October 2012

M35 Oil and Fuel Change

Had some spare time over the holiday break to do your standard Oil and Fuel filter change.

The oil change is pretty straight forward. Sorry for lack of pictures....

Apparently the factory spec of the oil for M35 are 7.5W30


So anything close enough will do. ie 10W30 or 10W40 its a matter of preference and driving style, The M35 is now my shopping trolley - where I use to enjoy giving the R33 a fang around the corners - so chose the oil to suit your needs. You will need about 4.5 Litres.

 

Oil Filter Part numbers : Basically same as Nissan S15 : Z445


 Z445 Oil Filter


You can get OEM ones from here also from JustJaps

Once oil change was complete, I thouht that the M35 used the same parts as orther Nissans, S15 etc, thought that the fuel filter will be the same also. However trying to find the fuel filter had me scatching my head for 30 Mins as I tried to trace the fuel lines.

In the end, I found out that NM35 Stagea do not have fuel filters in the engine bay. They use fuel screen and it it inside the fuel tank together with the fuel pump.

Fuel Filter Part Number = 16400-4M405


Fuel Filter

 

Fuel Filter

 

 16400-4M405 Fuel Filter


 

No comments:

Post a Comment